Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stake Conference April 17th 2010

Today we walked to church for stake conference. We had Elder Bruce C. Hafen of the First Quorum of the Seventy presiding. The stake center was really full by the time we got there so we optioned for the foyer since it had the most comfortable seating. We sat out there with John and Jill Haggerty and poor Jill is so sick from her pregnancy. I just wanted to make a short blurb about a few simple things I learned today.
1. The newness about the commandment to love one another was to love others as Christ does. It has always been a commandment to love, but Christ said it again to his disciples because now they have Christs example to follow to Love as he loves.
2. The Temple is not a once in a life time experience it is a life time experience that we may have to bless us through out our lives. There will be many times in my life when I will be living in the shadow of the Temple and I should go there oft and renew myself after the toils of the day week or month.

I am glad we walked to church. I enjoy the relaxing walk with my husband and son. It is a time to enjoy the day with all the beauty that it brings. Later today we are going to Roxanne's house to watch the game with Paul. It should be fun. I like to think we should spend as much time with them as we can before we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment