Friday, April 13, 2012
For Porter
Porter was born at U.W.Hospital in Seattle, WA after 36 hours of labor. Mark and I had hoped to have a vaginal birth at home, but the baby just was not moving along,so all my contractions seemed to be for nothing. He ended up Being c-section at around 4:00 pm on Friday April 13th. This is Porter maybe 20 minutes after he was born. 9 lbs 14 oz. He was two weeks overdue.
Since Mark and I agreed to disagree on the name of the baby we did agree to let it fall to fate and depending on the day he was born, be it odd or even that would determine weather his was Porter or Evan. The 13 was actually the day that would have made his name Evan, but after seeing me in so much pain Mark said he would let me have the name Porter if I wanted it. I told him I would only take it if his middle name was going to be Fox, because nothing sounded better with Porter than that for a middle name. He agreed to that, and so now we have a Little Porter Fox Rowe. For the record though, had my delivery been normal he would have been born on a Porter day anyway. Porter actually smiled at me the first time I held him and he has been a really smiley baby ever since. All except for how needy he was in the recovery room. But that was because nurses kept having to poke him and take his blood sugar levels every few hours. He did not like that and cried every time the door would open and shut. He was much better when we got home. Thank goodness.
He looked a lot like Seth when he was first born. He quickly got a look of his own.
He is a sweet little baby and we love him very much. So blessed to have two good boys. Seth was excited to have a new little brother.
Porter was the same size as his two month old cousin Charles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment