Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mini Golf

So Roxanne, Paul, Mark, and Myself were supposed to go bowling Monday night since we had this coupon for free bowling but when we got there we found out that we couldn't get a lane until 9:00pm because it was bowling night for all the bowling league. It was around 7:00pm and we didn't want to wait that long especially since Mark wanted to get home and study for his classes. We were determined to do something since we were out but none of us really wanted to spend to much money. After debating what we might do for cheap we decided to use a coupon that Paul had for Golf Land. It was not the cheapest thing we could have done but I didn't want to go out with my sister and her husband just to go and sit in a movie theater and never visit. Mini Golf seemed more fun and interactive. We Started to play and I got a hole in one on my first shot and two more later on. I was doing awesome and Paul was right behind me. Mark and Roxy were not doing as well. Mark was for a while but then took a down turn on his score half way through. I thought it was funny to see Paul trying to beat me because he was so close. We had played mini Golf back in October and it was the same story. I ended up winning and we never played the last hole because we wanted to get our moneys worth and play another course before we left. Roxanne had to go to the restroom, so her and Paul took off for that while Mark and I waited at the start of the next course. As we were waiting I was holding Roxanne and Mark's golf putters and noticed that one of them was really crooked. Mark said that it must have been his and that is what messed up his game. He told me to give it to Roxy and I figured I would because if nothing Else it might improve her game since she did so bad in the first game. Roxanne and Paul Finally returned and we started our second game. Roxanne went first with her crooked putter and made it in two strokes. I went next and surprisingly did awful. this game was totally backwards from the last game. I kept on doing three strokes or more on almost every hole. Roxanne was doing awesome and so was Mark and Paul. Everyone practically did two strokes on every hole. I was always a stroke behind. After failing terribly on a hole I decided to move on to the next hole ahead of everyone Else. This hole didn't have very good lighting and it was right under a bushy tree so it was really dark and hard to see. I hit my pall and it rolled right over to the place it should have and I was not looking at anything but the hole as I started to walk over and I cut across off the the path of the side walk I tread ed. through a ton of mud and then got mud all over the green. I was hoping that nobody would see since it was so dark over there. I figured if a chunk of mud throws off someones ball it was to dark to see and even know where the mud came from. Mark and Paul saw the mud and I told them not to go in it, so they both went around. Roxy was behind us all and didn't even hear us so of course she walked right through it with her slippery sandals and with her off balance being pregnant she when right down. In her attempt to save herself from the fall she tried to catch herself on a rock near by but instead jammed her thumb really bad. I saw it and at first I thought she ripped of her thumb nail and she was bleeding. When she first looked at it she saw her thumb was a messed up and crooked, so she quickly tried to put it back to normal. It hurt her really bad. It hurt so bad that she had tears in her eyes almost the rest of the game. The crazy part about it is that it didn't seem to throw her off her game to bad. She didn't win but she did come in second. Mark was the winner of the second game, so we got to go home the winning couple while Paul a loser and Roxy a crooked possibly broken thumb to match her crooked putter. I got her some ice to stop the swelling and Paul kept feeling bad even though he couldn't do anything about it. He kept saying " I thought I told you not to walk in the mud, but I guess you didn't hear me." I want to say I told you so, but you didn't hear us tell you not to go in the mud." It was kind of funny because I could tell Roxy just wanted to move on and not dwell on her fall in the mud. Well it was all fun and as we got to the parking lot and said our good by Mark and I gave Roxanne a big thumbs up before we drove away. She laughed and gave us her thumbs up back.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe crooked thumbs are good luck. You should have warned her louder and then Roxanne wouldn't have fallen and she wouldn't have the good luck advantage,then you would have beat her!

    ReplyDelete