As most may know my blogs are scary long because I am not good at daily journal keeping and I don't like to leave out to much detail. I will one day print this and make it into a book for my kids to read.
Today I woke up at 8:00am unrested from the night because Seth decided to wake up far to many times last night. I got up thinking Mark had already gone, but found him in the living room studying for his test. I have been trying to get up when he does lately so I can make him breakfast,and today was supposed to be a cold cereal day. I was still tired but decided to study the old testament so I could catch up to where we are in Sunday school. I really enjoyed it, so after reading several chapters in the bible I moved on to the book of Mormon and read a chapter or two in third Nephi. I feel my days are always better when I start them out with good food and a good scripture study. I was thinking this morning about yesterday how Heavenly Father took my lame effort, but an effort non the less and made it into something. I was trying to find this less active in our ward and hang out with her and yesterday I was able to find her home. Her and her husband were really nice and let me in to chat a while with them. They both work at In N Out Burger so are busy working a lot. We were able to swap numbers, so we could call to hang out some time and then I left with Seth of course because he is always with me. About an hour later I get a missed call because my stupid phone does not always ring. I call her back to see what she needed and it turns out that her and her husband wanted me to give them the bishops number so they can make an appointment with him. I was a bit shocked, but happy to find it for them. She and her husband are nice and even though I am only going to be here for two and a half more months I really hope we get to hang out before I go. I am really grateful for the time Mark and I have had to live here in Arizona. Being apart of the Durango Ward has been a real treat. I love our ward and will for sure miss all of the members from old to young.
Speaking of people that I saw yesterday I saw Devon while I had Seth out for a stroll. We talked and walked around for a while but the story I would like to share about Devon happened a month or so ago.
I was outside waiting for Mark to come back home with the car so that I could take Seth to an appointment and Mark was very late. Because I was waiting on the curb a car passed me in our parking lot and then backed up. It was Devon with her little baby girl in the back seat. She asked if I needed a ride somewhere and I gladly took her up for a ride because I didn't want to be late. Devon recognized me from the ward when she passed me and thought that she should offer me a ride. She was even willing to wait through my appointment and take me home again but I assured her that mark would be able to take me home. She gave me her number just in case he could not and said call me and I will come back to get you if you need it.
I think of that story and it make me smile to see the saints of the church willing to help each other at the drop of a hat. So the reason I thought about all of these experiences was because I think about how afraid I am to ask for people t help not knowing what I would say if I had a missionary opportunity in front of me but it is silly to be afraid because the Lord will give you only what you can handle. He will take your little effort and make it go far.
No comments:
Post a Comment