Wednesday, June 2, 2010

San DiegoTrip to Visit The O Harran Family


So Mark and I spent our Memorial day weekend in San Diego visiting with Chad and Darina and there two girls, Trenna and Taya. On the drive over Mark studied and I drove. We got there around 10 on Friday night and Darina was up waiting for us. We chatted it up a bit and decided to hit the hay. This trip was actually the first time that Seth has seen his cousins and aunt and uncle. The last time we were there I was Pregnant still. Now Darina is pregnant with her third kid and it is a boy!

Seth is excited for that. They are going to name him Travis. Saturday we spent most of the day at the beach. We had a ton of fun. This too was a first time deal for Seth and he decided that the huge waves were a little scary, especially when Mark walked out there with him and got clobbered by one.
After that Seth just chilled in the sand. He also ate handfuls of it too. I thought that he would stop and decide it was not a fun thing to eat but he just kept eating it. He started joking on it at one point because... well, sand is dry.
While Seth ate sand Mark,Chad and I had a blast getting thrashed by the waves and the strong under toe. a few times Taya almost got dragged out to the ocean by it before Darina snatched her up. It was funny because she is so small that it doesn't take much to wisp her away. After eating a Sandwich on the beach we explored and found some crabs in the rocks along with a skinny middle aged dude wearing a speedo that shouldn't be. He had long hair and a nasty thick patch of hair growing out of the back of his speedo. kinda sick! But it is all apart of a California beach experience. the rest of our visit consisted of leisurely sitting around talking playing freeze tag with the girls, and playing Boccie. We did have a fun water balloon fight that ultimately Chad was the loser because I think he got nailed the most. We had a lot of fun to say the least and I hope we will get to see them again soon. You never know when you live so far from most of your family. That will be nice to be close to three members of our family in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment