So it has already been a year since the day I delivered Seth via sea section. It is so crazy that it has gone by so fast. I even feel like Seth learns so much each day. I have noticed little things this past month that he has started to do. For example he knows what a dog is and calls them da because he can't quite get the G down. He also pointed with his hand at the lighting inside Costco. He sticks his tongue out when he concentrates like my Dad does. He even has started throwing tantrums like I used to do. I know everyone thought Seth was the perfect baby and here I have exposed his occasional tantrums. Seth really has been a great kid. I cant complain. Mark and I are once again on a coed soccer team, and thanks to one of Marks fellow class mates Jacqueline Pells we don't have to worry about getting a baby sitter for Seth. Because Seth has always been so good with strangers we have been able to leave him with random volunteers to hold him while we play soccer in the rare case that Jacqueline cant make it.(They are not complete strangers FYI ) just people we kinda know.
The older Seth gets the more he wants to be with me and do what ever I am doing. Every time I give him a bottle he walks over and just hangs out by Marks legs while he is studying on the couch. He just likes to be around us. Another little thing that Seth has decided that he likes is to Dance. I was practicing my guitar tonight and Seth was on the coffee table stamping his foot as I played. Then he turns around and shakes his head. Sometimes it looks like he is doing the sprinkler. One night while eating dinner I noticed that Seth was looking at me and blinking his eyes intentionally at me so I blink back and he laughs. I then wink just one eye and I see him make an effort to do the same. His left eye just manages to twitch a little and he gives up. I really get a kick out of Seth and am always impressed with how much he likes to climb. I take him to the Park pretty often and I try to get him to go down the slide but instead he wants to climb the slide. He loves to climb stairs and a few weeks ago he got good at going down them. He fell hard down the Arnesens stairs once but later I figured out why. He was trying to walk up them like we do instead of crawling and he just flopped backwards. Lately, because Seth always follows me around the house I run ahead and hide around the corner, so I can scare him when he comes. Speaking of being scared.
Today I when to Target to buy him a toy for his Birthday, which by the way we are not really celebrating today because my mom is coming into town next week. We are planning on having the party then, so my mom can be there for it. Anyway back to Target. So I let Seth get out of the cart to discover the toy isle for the first time in his life. he was pretty excited about it. he ran over to the Halloween section to play with a plastic pumpkin and grabs a green one when suddenly a fake witch creams and says the usual lines of a Halloweens prop. Seth falls over the pumpkin he is carrying and gets this scared look on his face because he doesn't know what to make of it. He does his best to pick himself up as fast as he can with the pumpkin still in his had to run back to me and doesn't do a very good job at it. So of course I walk over and pick him up to save him from the plastic witch. It amused me, because sometimes I think that Seth is a pretty tough kid but then I am surprised with some of the things that scare him.
So Seth got his first present from Jack Ryan who is a 12 year old boy that I chauffeur from school and to his hockey games. Jack is an only child so he adores Seth. He calls Seth his Minnie me. Jacks Mom Robin probably adores him more and keep him if I let her. The gift I got for Seth is only the second toy I have ever bought for him, because I don't think kids need so much stuff. Anyway as we got home from target I checked the mail and Seth got a book from his aunt Wyndi. I have not read through it yet but it looks like a very cute book. Well that is really all the excitement there was for Seth today, but I am glad we didn't have the party today. I like to just take this time to remember all the things Seth has done in his first year of life and it is quite a bit. He hiked his first hike on Cougar Mt. and hiked all by himself a lot of the ways. Impressive I thought for a little guy. he fell at times but he didn't mind. He was so happy to be hiking outside in his little boots. I thought for sure he would fall on a lot of the rocky areas and uneven or steep ground but he did so well. I am sure that he will be in all kinds of trouble this next year of his life and we will have all kinds of funny stories to share. Until then. Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment