Sunday, September 19, 2010

A strange thing happend



OK so the craziest thing happened yesterday after I bogged about the blue book that belonged to my great grandpa Almond. So first of all I don't even know why I wanted to blog about the blue book in the first place but I did and after I did Mark and I visited Scott, Marks Brother. When we came home from Scott's house I decided to put together a book shelf that we had bought a few days ago. After I hammered and screwed everything in, I put it in my bed room. I began to put books on it in some kind of order, only known to me. I had one that I was not sure where to put. The title was The Fruits of Religion. I bought the book back when I lived in Provo with Mark after we were married. At the time I wanted to get into reading more books, so I was in DI one day and saw the title. I thought it looked like it might be a good book and I assumed that because it was in the Provo DI it was most likely an LSD book of some kind. I never opened it up or flipped through the pages. I just grabbed it off the shelf and bought it. So after two years of owning the book there it was waiting to be placed somewhere on my new book shelf. For the first time I opened the book, to see what type it was, and put it where it seemed to fit in.
As I opened the book it flopped open to reveal two Recoil stickers that were stuffed in the pages. I automatically thought, wow I didn't know I owned any recoil stickers still. Recoil was a brand that my two uncles created a long time ago that they later sold. Then I thought to myself wait I don't have any recoil sticker and I did not put them in this book even if I did own any. My mind started rushing, I couldn't believe that out of all the books I would grab out of DI I would grab a book that belonged to someone in my family. I quickly flipped the book to the inside of the cover, and there printed so clearly was the name James C. Almond.
I was so shocked that I had so strangely stumbled onto another one of my great Grandfathers books. The strange part was that in my blog about the blue book I mentioned that I believed that it was meant to find its way into my hands. Now somehow another book belonging to my great grandfather has found its way into my hands again and on the very day I blogged about his other book. Is it just a crazy story or what? It just seems so random and so insignificant. I don't know what to make of it really, but I thought it should be told as a follow up on the first blog. I guess I am going to start reading the book and see what treasures of wisdom I find in it if any.
The cool part about the books that belonged to my Great Grandpa Almond that I never knew, is that he would write in the margins of his books. So in a way I get to know what kind of a man he was. To read the books he read and read what he wrote in them.

1 comment: