Well this Thanks Giving we had all of Mark's brothers and sisters come to Washington to celebrate. It was nice to not have to drive any ware really far. Derek and Karen stayed with us in Newcastle. Bruce and Sandy stayed with Scott and Macaul in Issaquah. Darina and Chad stayed with Td and Gavin in Summner. Wyndi stayed with one of her old friends in Tukwila. We reserved the church building in Issaquah for the whole day. Early Thursday morning we played soccer and some other games with the basket balls. I always like to play sports with family when they are around. I would play board games too, but Mark's family is not into that so much as my family is. I discovered that Scott and Macaul are secretly game lovers though. Mark and I spend a lot of time over at their house playing card games. Mostly hand and foot. I get in all the rest of my game playing over at Mike and Victoria's house, because Mike is as crazy about games as I am and no matter how tired we might be we can never say no to a game.
Anyway back to the Rowe family Thanks Giving. We Had all gone home after playing soccer and prepped the food for the dinner, which took all afternoon. We had an awesome dinner and way to much desert perhaps. We had a desert contest and some people made two different deserts for the contest. I am not big on sweets so I did not even get close to tasting all of the deserts. Macaul on the other hand was determined to taste them all so that she could give a fare judgment. I laughed watching her try to stomach all the rich deserts. She had to force the Oreo ball down her throat. I made her laugh as she did, and as she laughed she had a big Oreo chunk stuck to her front tooth. Good times.
Macaul ended up winning the desert contest by one vote. If I had voted for my own it could have been me as the winner with my moose pie. I guess I will have to live with Second place.
We had a talent show if that is what you want to call it. Anyone who participated got a gold dollar from Bruce and Sandy. I played guitar and did OK as usual because I get so nervous I cant sing with any volume. I am so lame like that. One day maybe I will master it.
Gavin played a song and the kids did what ever goofy thing they could come up with. Wyndi did yoga and Derek did push ups. Scott attempted to shoot a basket from the other end of the court, but was not successful until many attempts. Taradee played a song on the piano that I thought was very nice.
I really had high hopes for an awesome dodge ball game but it never really happened because everyone just fizzled out at the end of the night. I was disappointed. We played a small three on three game that was OK, but not even close to as much fun as it could have been had everyone wanted to play. Maybe next time.
Friday Morning everyone came to our house in the morning for crepes and hot coco. Minus Derek, Karen and Wyndi. We had a birthday party for Mac right after at the martins house at noon. Later that night, Mark and I drove to Scott's and played cards and watched some foot ball, while everyone else went to Summner for the bridge lighting.
Saturday morning we drove back down to Sumner for a family picture, but turned out that the photographer flaked on us so we took our own pictures. After that we played some games at the church building in Summner, with a friend of the family in Td's ward. After that It was more football at Scott's in front of his monster tv. This was the much anticipated BYU vs UVU game. Scott recorded it for us and in the end ruined the out come for all of us because Delas got on his lap and hit a button on the remote the took us to the final score of the game and the last goal kick that was blocked. Kinda funny.
Everyone pretty much took off that afternoon or that night to drive back home. We said our good byes to everyone, and then started into our talk preparation for Sunday. Mark and I both had to speak in Sacrament meeting. Then give a lesson in Gospel essentials. crazy week. I forgot to mention that it had snowed on Sunday and Monday before Thanks giving so we we had lots of snow the day of. it was really nice to see the whole family again we will miss them. There is nothing more important than family and nothing that can bring more joy into ones life or more sorrow. So I am grateful that my family is united in such a way that it brings me more joy than sorrow. Not everyone has that blessing in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment