Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lately

Lately has been tiring. Seth seems to get more demanding all the time. Today I am watching Jaxon for Roaxnne while she drives to Scottsdale to pick up a table. Seth is starting to bite and bite hard. Mark and I have just recently started disciplining Seth for it. We spank him and tell him not to bite and he doesn't know what it means to get spanked so he just looks at us not sure what to think. I hope he doesn't bite other kids because I still have teeth marks in my skin from yesterday. kids got sharp teeth! I am just glad that I am not breast feeding anymore.
Tuesday I spent the day with Hilary Flake and Amber Sheffield, so we could make some more memories before I move away. I had a really fun time despite the fact that I felt so tired most of the day from Seth keeping me up a lot the night before. We had lunch at Hilary's house and played two fun games of Skipbo. Since it was so hot we decided to go to my apartment complex and go swimming. We talked a lot then played Bachie to dry ourselves off. Amber come out on top with that game. Poor Hilary couldn't toss the heavy balls as far as Amber and I could. After they left my house I called them to let them know I had a good time and that we should do something again soon. I said good bye to Amber and said I Love you guys and she said we love you too. Now I mention this because I am pretty darn sure that that is the first time She has ever said that to me. The whole time I served in the South Portland area on my mission, I would always tell Amber that I loved her but she would never say it back. I am pretty sure she hated me back then. I don't know if she knew that I meant it then as much as I do now. In any case it was nice to hear it back for the first time. I have a testimony that constant and consistent love will over come all things. It has always worked for me in so many situations. It just takes a lot of time in some cases. True charity works. It is like magic sometimes. There are some who are called to be judges and the rest of us are called to be lovers.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU!!!

    I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've said it to you as well. I've been saying it to Hilary for a little while now. I don't think I "hated" you. Just.... strongly dislike you maybe. I missed my elders and you seemed so strange, but now I just realize it is awesomeness that you have. :)

    I'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber. Good to know I am not to strange and that you did not hate me. Awesomeness sounds much better. lol! I will miss you too, but I am sure I will see you more in the future.

    ReplyDelete