Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Helping Roxy Before the baby comes

There is a lot to do when you have your baby at home and being that Roxanne was the pregnant one, that left me to be the one to clean her whole house using all those toxic cleaners. I also painted her bathroom with her. The bath tub in the master bathroom was the main focus because that is where she would be a lot of the time during the labor. I wish I took a before and after picture of the the tub because it was a drastic difference by the time I was done cleaning it. It was so black that It made me wonder if it had ever been cleaned while Paul has lived in the house.
Roxanne got some heavy duty cleaner from a janitorial supply store and I was going to use it when I read the warnings on it and it said all kinds of stuff along the lines of wear gloves and face mask when using this product. If you get it in your eyes it may cause irreversible damage and if you get it on your skin will cause burns etc.. It was like I was cleaning with acid or something, so I demanded gloves before I used it. Basically the warnings said that if it made contact with you at all to go to the Doctor. Kinda funny. I could tell I was making Roxy nervous and at some point I did get some on my for arm, so she was freaking out a bit but I will admit so was I. Thanks Roxy for not spending the extra money for the longer gloves. :) All is well though, because my arm looks OK now.

1 comment: