Today Mark had a test that he planned on studying more for but never did. He came home happy that he didn't because he was already plenty prepared for it.
I woke up with Seth and ended up driving to the Park to meet my visiting teacher there. Every week they have a play group for the Mothers in our ward to bring their kids to. I never really go because Seth is to young to play still, but I have gone a time or two with Jill because she will ask me to go with her. I was going o ride my bike until I discovered that Mark had the hook up on his bike. Anyway...I have decided that after going to the play group for maybe the fourth time that It is completely boring. I hope I never end up being that type of mother. All the women there seem like they are just there for the kids, so all the conversation seems the same and a bit dry. It is like having the first conversation that you have had with a person over and over again, never really getting any where. When I came home from it I couldn't help feeling like it was a big fat waste of time. I wonder if the other mothers hate being there as much as it seems or if they really enjoy their small talk every week while their kids play. Who knows maybe they love it. It is not for me though.
I was wanting to get a study group together if that is what you want to call it. I just wanted to get together with some friends and really intimately talk about the gospel. Ask each other sincere and thought out gospel questions and study the scriptures to find the answers. That way people on Sunday would have things to say in class. I have been thinking about this for a while because I was reading the Book of Mormon in 4 Nephi 1:12 and it talks about the saints meeting often to pray and hear the word of the Lord. Does no one thirst for gospel knowledge as I do. I have a hard time believing that, so why is it that when it comes to gospel study or conversation it generally stays with in the walls of the church, or FHE? There is more knowledge in the restored gospel than we could ever shake a stick at so why are we not feasting on it? And honestly when I think of a feast I think of a lot of people being there like friends and family. I want to feast with my friends on the scriptures more than once a week. It would seem far more productive than talking about the weather every week or Timmy got a new tooth. The gospel to me is delicious and I hunger for it because it enriches my life and makes me more lively, but maybe that's just me. After all I have been called a religious zealot before. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment