July 6th 2010 This is Marks Proud Picture of our little caravan in front of Roxanne's house. I think we left at 1:00 pm. A little late start for such a long trip ahead, but we figured we had the time. Roxanne and Paul drove out with us toward Phoenix for our last lunch together at Ted's Hot Dog's. So we ate, chatted up our last chat, gave our hugs, and we were off. Me and Seth in the Tercel and Mark in the Jeep.Well we did OK until we got just outside of L.A.and got tired. Mark and I stopped and got some late Denies and thought that after eating we could drive a ways more. Turned out not to be the case, because as soon as we started driving through the Mountains Mark called me on the Walkie Talkie and said he couldn't make it. I totally felt the same way so we stopped at a rest stop and slept all three of us in the Tercel next to all the noisy trucks comming and going. Finally after not any real sleep I got up at 6:00am and wanted to just get the heck out of there. I never want to sleep in a Tercel again.
Well sure enough later that day we reached my parents house in Wilton. It is always a good feeling to come home to the place you grew up. Mark and I got to see my Mom and Dads latest improvements on the house and yard. Things looked really good and I am always interested in the improvements, even if I don't live there anymore. after all I waited my whole life for my house to be finished. The old play house that is now the new guest cottage looked awesome, but we are still waiting for it to get a bathroom on it. That way we don't have to walk to the house to go to the bathroom.

It was nice for mark and I to re coop the rest of that day and have a nice bed to sleep on that night. I love to see my family and I think Mark is always entertained by my family. Clayton and Levi are so funny together, but you know they get it from my parents. Angel and Daniel always love to see Seth and you would think that they really were his aunt and uncle due to the same coloring that they all have.

So the reason that Seth has a mo hawk is because Clayton woke me up during my noon nap with Mark and said, "Sam can you give me a mo hawk? You said you always wanted to cut my hair, well now I am going to let you do it." So of course I do it even though I had just barely rested my eyes on that 7th of July afternoon. After finishing Clayton's mo hawk that he only did because Sam Heathcoat dared him to for Five dollars,I decided to give one to Seth to match his uncle.
Grandma Dixie came out the morning Mark and I were going to leave on July 8th 2010, so she could visit wit us. It was good to see her and I am sure she enjoyed seeing Seth. Clayton was our whole reason for driving through California because the plan was to pick him up so he could spend a week with us and Victoria in Washington. Having Clayton with us was quite the experience. I have always found Clayton to be so amusing and he sure didn't let me down this trip. He was also a huge help with the driving, because if it were not for Clayton, I don't think we could have driven all the way without stopping to sleep.
As we drove through Redding It was about Lunch time and we thought it would be nice to see Ronny and Michelle Stone since I had not had the chance to see her new little boy Sawyer. We drove to her house and she made us a nice lunch. We visited for only a short while because we wanted to get as far as we could but it was really fun to visit. I have always really liked Ronny and Michelle and don't always get to see them that often.
From Michelle's house Clayton drove the rest of the way while Mark and I switched off and on driving the Jeep with the trailer. For the most part Mark drove. It was so hard even with Clayton's help. Mark and I were so tired. At one point we had to stop as a rest stop to lie down on the grass. We never slept because Clayton was always so goofy that he woke us up again by making us laugh. At the point that Clayton got tired he just started ti drink his Monster drinks. I felt bad that he had been driving for so long that I stayed awake the rest the drive through Washington and talked to him. We talked a lot about Gospel topics and at one point spirits and how the spirit world is here on earth but it is veiled. Clayton is such a chicken that he was like, Sam I am starting to get weirded out or something cuz look at me I am shaking. Maybe it is the monster Drink, but I don't know." I just laughed.
The sun was rising at about that point and we were almost to Victoria's house. I remember how tired I felt and how badly I just wanted a nice place to sleep. Lucky for us when we got to Mike and Victoria's they gave us their bed to sleep on and Clayton took a spot on the bedroom floor. We all crashed and slept as long as we could, or until Max came in and woke us up. It was OK though because that bed felt so good.
The End.
Oh man that totally reminds me of our three day drive out to st louis. We tried to drive as long as we could. We all slept in the truck at a rest stop one night for three hours. Kylie kept kicking me. It was so uncomfortable. I was cranky the next morning. I wished we had stayed in a hotel! I never want to sleep in the truck again!....The Monster drinks helped though! :)
ReplyDeleteOh sam our fathers are too much alike! We should really be feeling sad for our mothers, having to live with construction all their lives! I guess its a hobby for them, besides it is always fun to go home and visit to see all the new improvements. Glad you made it to Washington finally and safely!
ReplyDelete